For 15 years Cymbidium Floral has been making an effort to use sustainable practices in every part of our business and now we’re going even greener!
We've teamed up with CarbonClick, a New Zealand company making it easy for people and businesses to help fight climate change.
CarbonClick is a burgundy button at checkout. When you click it, a small contribution is added to your basket which purchases carbon offsets. These offsets reduce the environmental impact of the carbon emissions related to the purchase (most commonly freight and delivery services).
CarbonClick funds forest restoration, tree planting, and renewable energy projects around the world. We’re proud to be part of the fight against climate change. We’ll be making our own contributions to reduce our carbon footprint and we hope you’ll join us by choosing CarbonClick with your purchase.
Along with offering CarbonClick, we will continue with our everyday practices to support the environment that include:
- Utilizing domestic + locally sourced flowers whenever possible.
- Composting our floral scraps with Mr. Fox Composting.
- Changing our packaging to more earth friendly options + reducing our cellophane usage when the weather permits.
- Eliminating the use of floral foam in our arrangements.
- Using a reusable ‘eco wrap’ instead of plastic water tubes on loose bouquets.
- Encouraging you to recycle your Cymbidium vases* for a credit toward fresh flowers!
*Vases must be clean + free of chips. Feel free to bring back the rest of your packaging too (cellophane, water tubes, ribbon and boxes) and we will reuse them!