For 18 years Cymbidium Floral has been making an effort to use sustainable practices in every part of our business and now we’re going even greener!
2021-2023 Green Alliance Business Partner - committed to reducing our own operational impact and the environmental footprint of our customers.
We've teamed up with CarbonClick, a New Zealand company making it easy for people and businesses to help fight climate change.
CarbonClick is a burgundy button at checkout. When you click it, a small contribution is added to your basket which purchases carbon offsets. These offsets reduce the environmental impact of the carbon emissions related to the purchase (most commonly freight and delivery services).
CarbonClick funds forest restoration, tree planting, and renewable energy projects around the world. We’re proud to be part of the fight against climate change. We’ll be making our own contributions to reduce our carbon footprint and we hope you’ll join us by choosing CarbonClick with your purchase.
Along with offering CarbonClick, we will continue with our everyday practices to support the environment that include:
- Encouraging you to recycle your Cymbidium vases* for a credit toward fresh flowers!
- Encouraging you to bring back your Cymbidium packaging materials for us to use again (boxes, ribbon, care instruction tags, water tubes, etc.)
- Utilizing domestic + locally sourced flowers whenever possible.
- Purchasing flowers in their natural state, not dyed, bleached, or painted, as those additional processes aren't environmentally friendly.
- Composting our floral scraps with Mr. Fox Composting and Crow's Feat Farm.
- Changing our packaging to more earth friendly options + reducing our cellophane usage when the weather permits.
- Eliminating the use of floral foam in our arrangements.
- Using plain tap water for our arrangements instead of adding any preservatives.
- Using a reusable compostable ‘eco wrap’ instead of plastic water tubes on loose bouquets.
- Bringing packaging materials (bubble wrap, plastic plant trays, packaging peanuts, etc) to local businesses that can use them again.
- Sourcing products for our shop from companies with similar sustainability practices whenever possible.
- Purchasing office products with the highest recycled contents possible and green non-toxic cleaning supplies.
*Vases must be clean + free of chips and still a style that we currently use in order to receive credit.